Day 3 Bugbrooke

Friday 2 September 2011

Its Friday and we are now at Bugbrook making our way down the Grand Union, water levels keeping up- I sound like a TV programme that updates you after every break- sorry!! I have been having trouble with blogger- well I mean its me trying to keep up to date as they have changed the screen layouts which in fact do look much more user friendly and I have lost the picture heading which I am working on.

A few more pictures of things we have seen which always amuses me and sometimes Anne although our sense of humour can be at odds at times. There is never a dull time on the canal- thats what makes it so enjoyable.

Sheep come in all types and sizes- this one was opposite our mooring on Wednesday night in Braunston. It just had a lot of attitude and appeared to be looking down on all who passed.


The butty Dee with teddy bear bow button- should I report them to the RSPB

All boys must have sheds- this one is for a joinery business

Bows again the one on the inside is butty Gilbert the motor had no name

Coming into Weedon are acouple of moored working boats and on the shed are two examples of the old wooden rudders from buttys- its really shows how large they needed to be for the 70ft boats

We moored on Thursday night just outside Weedon  and I heard a lot of squealing around 7pm and couldn't work out what it was. It started again at 8am-it was these pigs on a small holding getting very excited as food was on its way!