Day 2 we are off

Monday 12 April 2010

Day 2 cumulative 17 miles , 17 locks and NO cappuccino's



We came up to the boat on Saturday afternoon and by Sunday morning I could find no more jobs left to do so we disconnected the electric and cast off.



Sunday was a fresh day with a bit of wind but good for boating. We moored overnight at the radio most near Fenny Compton and met John and Barbara who have just had their Stowe boat extended by 10ft she looks fantastics and is a credit to her owners and the people that worked on her.



Monday night we are at Cropredy a lovely village with a good 3g connection but the computer keeps locking me out - I don't know way- baaahumbug.

Something I heard yesterday what does Boat mean- Bring Out Another £Thousand!.

I keep watching the Thames conditions which continue to reduce so hopefully we can start the trip down to Reading on Sunday.

The sign post as we left the marina- to the right Oxford and from the left London from which direction we will hopefully return.

I saw the canada goose on its own I thought until I saw the head of his/her mate either in a big hole or sitting on eggs.


Couldn't resist a spring lamb picture of triplets.