Now at Great Hayward

Saturday 12 April 2008


Just arrived in the marina at Great Hayward,Anne is doing some washing and I am using the free wifi connection in the clubhouse.You do not appreciate how nice a broadband connection is until you don't have one.


I haven't completed the log entry for today so will update that later as I have just found out that although the office closes at 16.30 you can use the wifi connection in the shower area which has seats!


The weather today has been real April showers at one point I was going into a strong northerly wind with added sleet- not nice. The entry into the marina was also fun in strong wind with a crowd of people watching who had been looking at a new ownership boat built in Poland, my boat handling was good if I say so myself.


We can through Armitage which has a very narrow part through rocks that used to be a tunnel but due to the local mining collapsed- photo above,

We are planning to visit Shugborough Hall on Monday after we meet Jeff and Sylvia tomorrow.